Friday, August 29, 2008

Family Vacation - Day THREE

We finally make it into Abilene, Texas on our third day of driving at 9:00am Monday morning. With virtually no sleep at all, we roll into town and pick up the babies. We missed them so much and were very glad to have them back. I showed Jeff around the town that I lived in for 4 years before moving back to Washington about 3 years ago. Also while we were there, we made a pit stop at the local Super Walmart and repaired the flat tire and put back the spare that we had been driving on for almost a whole day. Then we were off.

The babies are back!!! We're still trying to figure out what happen to Kai's hair???


We're off!!! to the Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico. It was a 6 hour drive from Abilene but well worth it. While we were driving Kai kept yelling "awesome rocks"!!! In the Caverns we saw stallagmite and stallagtites, colums, curtains, and popcorn. We were 750 ft from the surface, it was dark, wet and there were bats in the caves. I guess that's better than snakes!!! Either way, we spent about 2-3 hours in the Caverns and our eyes soon adjusted to the dark.

This was right before the entrance to the caves. Kai and Ariana both took pictures in this little hole in the wall and then I wanted to. Kai was like, "mom, you can't fit"... but I did, with room to spare!!!

Jeff thought that this stallagmite looked like a ref doing the "goal" sign...

Ariana and Kai....

Ariana, Me, and Kai...

Jeff, Ariana, and Kai...

Carlsbad Caverns!!!

No comments: